[torqueusers] SIGTERM and pbsdsh

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Nov 29 19:50:34 MST 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Tim Freeman wrote:

Hello Tim!

Sorry I missed you at SC this year..

> Hi, thanks.  Can you elaborate?  The executable passed to pbsdsh is
> run on each node.  There is no script run first, and this
> executable has a SIGTERM handler. Without pbsdsh all is well
> because the executable does get SIGTERM from the MOM (this is as a
> result of qdel) and that's what I want for every copy on each node
> when run via pbsdsh.

It would be interesting to compare running the program under pbsdsh to
running it with Pete Wyckoff's "mpiexec" program using the -comm=none
option (to stop it doing an MPI setup work).

i.e. replace:

pbsdsh /path/to/foo $ARGS

with

mpiexec -comm=none /path/to/foo $ARGS

I have a memory of Pete having to do some work around this in the last
6 months or so (but then my memory does suffer from random bitrot, so
it's always good to check..)

cheers,
Chris