[torqueusers] autobuild files

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Nov 20 13:32:30 MST 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 01:29:01PM -0700, Steve Snelgrove alleged:

> I am sorry to have checked in this new configure file and caused you
> trouble.
>
> In talking to Josh, he indicates that we have a Centos4
> machine here and we could build a new version of configure
> on this.  Or if you have already fixed the problem, maybe
> you could just check your version.
>
> Just let me know what you would like.

It isn't trouble for me :)

I just want to pick one going forward.  Up until now I've generally been the
only one generating autobuild files.  So let's settle on Centos4 for now, and
maybe move to Centos5 at some point next year?

Btw, I often do 'autoreconf -v -f -i' to make sure everything is consistent.
And if I'm really making changes, 'make distcheck' is really helpful.

Another bit of advice is to always build in a seperate object directory.  I've
made sure that the torque buildsystem supports source/build directories.  The
benefit is that things like 'svn status' and easier to read.  For example:

 $ pwd
 2.2-fixes
 $ autoreconf -v -f -i
 $ cd ../2.2-fixes-build
 $ ../2.2-fixes/configure
 $ make

For those not using centos/rhel4, the following is implied:

autoconf-2.59
automake-1.9.2
libtool-1.5.6