[torqueusers] error codes

Steve Snelgrove ssnelgrove at clusterresources.com
Fri Nov 16 09:51:38 MST 2007

Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
> Hi! Does anybody know where i can find the error codes of torque?
> i have something like :
> -- Unable to delete file /home/aliprod/agent.startup.5408 for user
> aliprod, error = 25
> and i don't know where to look
> Thanks
> Best regards
> Adrian

The code where this error is generated is shown below.
The variable errno contains the standard error values
which is described in "man errno" and the standard include
file "errno.h".  In searching the include files, this is the
entry I found for this code.

/usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h:#define   ENOTTY          25
/* Not a typewriter */

Based on this, I am wondering if there is some kind
of unusual file in the directory, maybe a fifo?

    if (remtree(path) == -1)
      {
      if (errno != ENOENT)
        {
        sprintf(log_buffer,"Unable to delete file %s for user %s, error
= %d",
          path,
          preq->rq_ind.rq_cpyfile.rq_user,
          errno);