[torqueusers] pbsnodes -a output

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed Nov 14 03:11:20 MST 2007

Hi Garrick,

> > We'd like to add some additional WN values to pbsnodes -a output,
> > adding them to "status" (where we already have nusers, idletime,
> > totmem...).
> >
> > Is this possible? anyone could give us some advice/tip?
>
> The pbs_mom manpage has details on adding static and dynamic resources to the status.
Ok, following the instructions:

[...]
       The use of this
       file is to provide several types of run  time  information
       to  pbs_mom:  static  resource  names and values, external
       resources provided by a program to be run on request via a
       shell  escape, and values to pass to internal set up func-
       tions at initialization (and re-initialization).

       Each item type is on a  single  line  with  the  component
       parts separated by white space.  If the line starts with a
       hash mark (pound sign, #), the line is considered to be  a
       comment and is skipped.

       Static Resources
              For  static resource names and values, the configu-
              ration file contains a list of resource  names/val-
              ues pairs, one pair per line and separated by white
              space.   An Example of static  resource  names  and
              values  could  be the number of tape drives of dif-
              ferent types and could be specified by

[root at td222 ~]# cat /var/spool/pbs/mom_priv/config
[...]
$cputmult 1.74
[...]

# pbsnodes td222.domain.com
td222.domain.com
     state = job-exclusive
     np = 4
     properties = slc4
     ntype = cluster
     jobs = 0/3307575.pbs01.domain.com
     status = opsys=linux,uname=Linux td222.pic.es 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Oct 5 15:04:03 CDT 2006 i686,sessions=15780 18788 24469 28748 32608,nsessions=5,nusers=2,idletime=2575000,totmem=4118288kb,availmem=6195880kb,physmem=8309924kb,ncpus=4,loadave=3.06,netload=3467237243,state=free,jobs=3040108.pbs01.domain.com,rectime=1195034307

I also tried to add cputmult without dollar sign, but I still don't see the resource when doing pbsnodes -a.

What am I misunderstanding ?

Cheers,
Arnau