[torqueusers] Problem getting job info with job arrays

Ari Pollak aripollak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:54:45 MST 2007

Under Torque 2.2.1, if I run "qsub -t 6 ..." to create a job array, it
gets queued & runs properly, but I can't seem to access information
about the array as a whole or just the subjobs.

% qsub -t 6 script.sh
9443.englab01.example.com
% qstat
Job id                    Name             User            Time Use S Queue
------------------------- ---------------- --------------- -------- - -----
9443-1.englab01           script.sh            apollak
0 R pipelineQ
9443-2.englab01           script.sh            apollak
00:00:00 R pipelineQ
9443-3.englab01           script.sh            apollak
00:00:00 R pipelineQ
9443-4.englab01           script.sh            apollak
00:00:15 R pipelineQ
9443-5.englab01           script.sh            apollak
00:00:26 E pipelineQ
% qstat -f 9443-5
qstat: Unknown Job Id 9443-5.englab01.example.com
% qstat -f 9443
qstat: Unknown Job Id 9443.englab01.example.com

If I qdel the job ID (9443), it gets killed, but only after I get this
message: "qdel: Unauthorized Request  MSG=operation not permitted
9443.example.com"

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Ari