[torqueusers] Problems to install/configure Torque

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Nov 12 10:15:44 MST 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 11:15:05PM -0200, Davi Vercillo C. Garcia alleged:
> Hi all,
>
> My name is Davi and I'm new in this mail-list. I'm from Brazil and I
> still have some problems to speak in English so, I'll try...
>
> I'm trying to install Torque here, in my college's lab, but I'm having
> some troubles. (I'm a newbe in Cluster Computing and Parallel
> Programing). The problems are:
>
> 1- I don't know if the jobs are finishing correctly. All the jobs that I
> try to execute, finish with E status.

E is exited.

> 2- I don't know where the jobs' exit are after to run.

The stdout/stderr of your jobs are by default copied to the directory where you
ran qsub.  If that doesn't happen, you might find a error message related to
the file copy in an email or in the syslog on the node.

> I installed the Torque Server with configuration like this:

Your config looks fine.