[torqueusers] No default server name

Kandy Wong kandyw at triumf.ca
Thu Nov 8 17:48:59 MST 2007

Hi,

I've sent email about this problem before but I still can't get it resolved.
I've double checked the server_name and pbs_environment are set.
I've tried to restart the pbs_server and pbs_mom services.
I've also tried to install new rpms for Torque, but still when I tried
the 'qmgr' command, it said:
qmgr: cannot connect to server
No default server name.

I'm using SL4 and the followings are the new rpms that I've installed:
torque-docs-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386
torque-server-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386
torque-scheduler-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386
torque-client-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386
torque-devel-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386
torque-mom-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386
torque-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386
torque-debuginfo-2.1.9-4cri.slc4.i386

I have already included the server name 'neut00' in:
/var/spool/pbs/pbs_environment
/var/spool/pbs/server_name
But when I tried to run the 'torque.setup', it also said:
qmgr: cannot connect to server
No default server name.

So I even tried to do 'qmgr neut00', it said:
No Permission.
qmgr: cannot connect to server neut00

But I can execute 'qmgr' from other nodes but I couldn't do any
configurations as it said:
Qmgr: set queue work queue_type=Execution
qmgr obj=work svr=default: Unauthorized Request

So any ideas of what are causing this problem besides setting the
server_name?

Kandy