[torqueusers] help! torque-2.2.1 will not build

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Nov 7 10:56:17 MST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 08:19:11PM -0500, Geoff Zelenka alleged:
> I just got this compiled.
>
> In src/resmom/linux/cpuset/cpuset.c you need to add, in addition to
> the other changes in this thread:
>
> #include <pwd.h>  //for struct passwd
> #define PBS_MOM  //for struct task
> #include "../mom_mach.h" //for mom_func.h
> #include <mom_func.h>
>
> That should get it it to compile the libmomcpuset.a archive.

Are you sure?  There aren't really any mom-specific calls in cpuset.c.  It
does't use struct task or any of that stuff.  I think the only torque-specific
calls are for logging.

> Then you need to edit the src/resmom/Makefile:
>
> LDADD = linux/libmommach.a linux/cpuset/libmomcpuset.a $(MOMLIBS) $
> (PBS_LIBS) $(momcpalib)

The idea is that libmomcpuset.a is linked into linux/libmommach.a in
src/resmom/linux/Makefile, and then linux/libmommach.a is linked into pbs_mom.