[torqueusers] Building torque 2.2.1 RPM from spec fails

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Nov 6 18:17:07 MST 2007

James A. Peltier wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to build the Torque 2.2.1 package from the spec provided in
> the tar.gz file on CentOS 5.0.  When I perform a
>
> rpmbuild --bb SPEC/torque.spec
>
> in the /usr/src/redhat directory, it decompresses the package and begins
> the configure process but fails with the following error.
>
> checking for working getgroups... yes
> checking for atexit... yes
> checking for ntohl... yes
> checking for correct TEA configuration... ok
> checking for Tcl configuration... configure: error: yes directory
> doesn't contain tclConfig.sh
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.60144 (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     parse error in expression
>     /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/torque.spec:443: parseExpressionBoolean
> returns -1
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.60144 (%build)
>

> It seems to be complaining that it can't find tclConfig.sh which is on
> the system and located in /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh and
> /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh, and when I run configure manually it completes
> configure just fine.
>
> Am I missing something bone-headed'ly obvious?

Sorry, here is a snippet of the output from building from sources with a
simple ./configure

checking for getgroups... yes
checking for working getgroups... yes
checking for atexit... yes
checking for ntohl... yes
checking for correct TEA configuration... ok
checking for Tcl configuration... found /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh... loading
configure: Starting Tcl/Tk configuration
checking for Tcl configuration... (cached) found /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh
checking for existence of /usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh... loading
checking for Tcl public headers... /usr/include
checking for tclx configuration... none
checking for Tk configuration... none
configure: Tk support disabled
checking for Tcl_Init... yes
checking whether to include the GUI-clients... no
checking for tclsh... /usr/bin/tclsh8.4
checking checking for Tcl attribute seperator... .
checking whether to enable tcl-qstat... yes
configure: Finished Tcl/Tk configuration
creating pbs-config - generic 2.2.1 for -ltorque
configure: creating ./config.status

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE