[torqueusers] How to modify resources_assigned.ncpus

Elisabeth Z. Kahnert elisabeth.kahnert at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Mar 30 08:41:21 MDT 2007

Hello,
I'd like to modify the queue attributes resources_assigned.ncpus and
resources_assigned.nodect. Both in both cases I get the same error,
although the 1st queue was enabled and started and the second, for
testing purpose, no.

> qmgr -c "set queue a16 resources_assigned.ncpus=128"
> qmgr obj=a16 svr=default: Cannot set attribute, read only or insufficient permission  resources_assigned.ncpus

> qmgr -c "set queue c4 resources_assigned.nodect=1"
> qmgr obj=c4 svr=default: Cannot set attribute, read only or insufficient permission  resources_assigned.nodect

I need this because the values of these attributes are to low and I have
to start jobs in these queues manually, if there is a need for more cpus
in order to reach the actual  max_running value.

Is there a way to modify these attributes?

Best regards,
Elisabeth Z. Kahnert