[torqueusers] About the interactive job

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Mar 20 09:54:28 MDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 08:50:17AM +0800, lihui alleged:
> Hi,all
>    I am a newbie in this community. I have read documents of "PBSPro External
> Reference Specificaiton" and "PBSPro User guide".

Note that we aren't affiliated with PBSPro at all.

>    My question is how to implement the mode of interactive job with Batch Interface
> Libarary. I have read the pbs_submit() function,but found that it can only submit one
> job at a time other than interative mode. Are there some other function to implement my
> idea? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Have you looked at the qsub source?  There is an interactive() function
that does all of the heavy work.

qsub listens on a port, sets the Interactive job attribute to the
port number and submits the job.  When pbs_mom gets the job, it connects
back to qsub on that port and they set up the terminal, etc.

University of Southern California