[torqueusers] JOB start if and only if a specific set of node are avaiable

David Backeberg david.backeberg at case.edu
Fri Mar 16 11:17:04 MDT 2007

I don't know how to do quite what you're asking, but you can give
those four nodes a special property, like special, and then ask for
nodes with that property in your jobs submission file:

with qmgr
set node node1 properties="special"
set node node2 properties="special"
set node node3 properties="special"
set node node4 properties="special"

then with your job
#PBS -l nodes=4:special

Then the scheduler won't put the job on those nodes until they're all free.
You obviously need to change the node names to what you've really
called your nodes.

I don't know why you would want to put a reservation on a node that
your job wasn't actually using. Why would you ask for four nodes and
only use three?