[torqueusers] Problem with PBS_NODEFILE

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Thu Mar 15 13:28:40 MDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 04:16:15PM -0300, Albino Aveleda alleged:
> Hi,
>
> I submited this mpi job bellow in a cluster with 32 nodes, where each node
> has two cpus. In my job I asked to torque 8 cpus but the PBS_NODEFILE has
> only two cpus from first node. My torque configuration is bellow.
>
> What do I do wrong? I can?t find where it is wrong.

Can we see a qstat -f on the job?  I suspect all of the nodect and ncpus
stuff in your queue configs is confusing things.

With the current config, your jobs are going to end up with requests for
ncpus *and* nodes, which is not likely to work.

And which scheduler are you using?