[torqueusers] security model and ruserok/rhosts - is there another way?

Peter Wyckoff wyckoff at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Mar 14 15:02:20 MDT 2007

I am looking at running torque jobs under 1 user on my cluster and am
having trouble making it work so that I can run qsub -u special_user ....

I want to avoid .rhosts if possible -- worst case use .shosts but in
general, I would prefer a built in to torque way of allowing users to
run jobs as that user. In practice I will not run jobs with any unix id
other than the special_user.

Is there another way other than replacing ruserok call in the code ?

thanks, pete