[torqueusers] how to disable interactive job submission

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:45:45 MDT 2007

On 3/13/07, Garrick Staples <garrick at clusterresources.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 05:13:17PM +0100, Ronny T. Lampert alleged:
> > Quite frankly I think - the current situation sucks.
> > As there are only 2 types of jobs (batch, interactive), there should be
> > an attribute for EACH queue, as in:
> >
> > queue_allowed_types=batch,interactive
> >
> > Admins can set the allowed types accordingly.
> > The submit-filter is way too complicated.
>
> Since people keep asking for it, I'll stop vetoing the idea if someone
> writes the patch.
>
> But I still think it is a bad idea.

If we do this, instead of a single queue attribute
(queue_allowed_types=batch,interactive) we should have two:
allow_batch, and allow_interactive.   Both would be true by default.
To disable interactive jobs for a queue: qmgr -c "s q queue_name
allow_interactive = false"

This wouldn't be hard to do,  and even though Garrick will hate me I
think I might do this  right now :)