[torqueusers] Allocating resources by CPUs

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Mar 13 00:03:05 MDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Martin Siegert wrote:

> user A wants to run a job using 20 cpus anywhere on the cluster
> AND
> user B wants to run a job using 20 cpus with exactly one cpu on each
> node.

Ahh, we don't have any user B cases.   So yes, I see your very valid point.

A quick google reveals we had pretty much the same conversation 14 months ago,
apologies for having the memory of a goldfish!

At one stage I suggested a '-l cpus=x' option to disambiguate the problem, but
I can't find which list I suggested it on and I don't recall ever getting a
response..

cheers!
Chris