[torqueusers] users and passwords

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Mar 12 15:43:13 MDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:34:03PM -0500, michael young alleged:
> Hi,
>
> I am confused about user accounts and the passwords.
> I have a user called "spartan" to submit jobs.
> Does spartan need to be able to login to the slave nodes from the master
> node without a password?
> What about root?

Generally speaking, yes, you need users and root to be able to rsh/ssh
around the cluster without a password.

Specifically, users will want to rsh/ssh between the nodes in their
jobs, and pbs_mom will probably be using rcp/scp as the user to copy
output files back to the submission host.

And you want root to be able to ssh from a head/management host to the
nodes just for sanity in your admin work.

And prolog/epilogue scripts often like to ssh to nodes as root, but that
is up to you.