[torqueusers] Maui Torque throughput

Per Alexius alexius at pdc.kth.se
Fri Mar 9 11:09:40 MST 2007

Hi,

Perhaps this is a somewhat odd question but anyway. I'm using Maui and
Torque in a very 'synthetic' use case where I would like to reduce the
queuing overhead as much as possible. The jobs i put into the queue are
more or less no-op jobs and I just want to minimize the time it takes
for all jobs to get through. I'm running everything on one node,
including the jobs to be run (told you it was synthetic...) and the
things I've done so far is to adjust the RMPOLLINTERVAL in maui.cfg to 1
sec (guess that's minimum, right?) and I have also set np=<large number>
in the nodes file in order to fool the queue to start many jobs
simultaneously. It still takes some time though to get jobs through the
queue so my question is - are there any more parameters that I can tweak
in order to reduce the time even more?

Thanks in advance!

/Per