[torqueusers] statjob?

nathaniel.x.woody at gsk.com nathaniel.x.woody at gsk.com
Wed Mar 7 16:45:54 MST 2007

Garrick,
I hate to push my luck, but I don't believe that's the case.  Jobs appear
to move directly into the R state.  I set up a couple of test jobs with
1GB stageins, and they move to R as soon as they are moved out of Q.  And
I don't believe the stagein occurs while in the Q'ed state.  They move to
W if the stagein fails for some reason (scp connection lost, file not
found), etc.  BTW I'm running 2.1.2.   In a related

Thanks,
Nate

"Garrick Staples" <garrick at clusterresources.com>
Sent by: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org
07-Mar-2007 18:05

torqueusers at supercluster.org
cc

Subject
Re: [torqueusers] statjob?

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 05:59:08PM -0500, nathaniel.x.woody at gsk.com
alleged:
> All,
> Is there any way to tell from the status (or substatus or anything) of a

> job whether the stagein has completed yet?  (or maybe that information
is
> available from the server somehow?).  I'm not quite sure of the sequence

> of events that occurs with a job submission with a stage in.  My
> understanding is that jobs are depicted as in the 'E' state when staging

> out.  I primarily access things through the Torque C API, so any help
> there would be appreciated.

Stagein isn't used all that much, but IIRC the job is state W.