[torqueusers] Torque queue stalls, strange server log messages

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 07:03:05 MST 2007

>  I think I have a good overview over the problem now. The scheduler
> seems to die when I add hundreds of jobs at once. I had to restart the
> scheduler and then the server to get things running again.
>
> I guess torque isn't meant to receive hundreds of job requests at a time.
This is not remotely true. For a long time I had the normal pbs_sched
running.
You just have to alter a couple of configure options to prevent it from
dying.
The built-in scheduling iteration is set too low; starting with

#> pbs_sched -a 600

helps.

Furthermore you should set (via qmgr)

set server job_stat_rate = 120
set server poll_jobs = True

For many jobs you really should consider maui, though - it's far more
efficient in scheduling.

Cheers,