[torqueusers] Unable to submit jobs on more than one node..

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jun 27 17:00:09 MDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 09:14:59AM +0530, Rakesh B alleged:
> Hi,
>    I am using torque-2.0.0.p11.  I am unable to submit job to multiple
> nodes.  I am only able to submit jobs to single system and get the
> results.  So please can anybody help me.. thanks in advance.
>
> Below,
>    sh is a shell script which prints the hostname.  When i submit the
> job to 2 nodes univ1 and univ2, I am able to submit to only univ2.
>
> $ > /opt/pbs/bin/qsub -l nodes=univ2+univ1 sh

Your job was assigned 2 nodes and was executed correctly.

PBS doesn't run your script on every node in your job, only on the
*first* node in the job.  It is the responsibility of your script to
spawn processes on the assigned nodes.  You can do this with the pbsdsh
utility for simple stuff, or use $PBS_NODEFILE for complicated stuff.

echo 'pbsdsh hostname' | qsub -l nodes=2

University of Southern California

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0