[torqueusers] torque on debian

Steffen Moeller steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jun 27 06:39:54 MDT 2007

Hi Bas,

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 13:53:00 Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> Steffen Moeller wrote:
> >>
> >> There is a torque_2_deb package available at:
> >>   ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/outgoing/torque_2_deb.tar.gz
> >>
> >> Maybe you are interested.
> >
> > We are. Is there any progress on the discussion if this package (or ours
> > or a merge) would be allowed to be distributed via the Debian main
> > distribution?
>
> Not that i am aware off. I am always open to discussion. I just posted the
> message for debian users that are searching for deb packages. Do our
> packages differ a lot or are they similar?

With "discussion" I was referring to the exchange of opinions on the
supercluster.org/clusterresources.com side, not between ourselves :-)  I do
not care so much about which effort makes it into Debian, to me they are all
fine enough. Last time I looked, about two years ago, I preferred your effort
over mine. My student Daniel Bayer has independently come up with yet another
initiative which was superior to mine. We can easily comaintain something via
svn once this gets serious. What I am really interested in is an OK from
upstream to go ahead. Licensewise they probably cannot veto it, but this is
not the issue. Let's presume that I have only missed the email sending
the "OK" out, could whoever is responsible please resend it?

Cheers,

Steffen