[torqueusers] RFC: job-state diagram

Prakash Velayutham Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Mon Jun 18 13:50:54 MDT 2007

Hey Paul,

Good thread. I am interested in this too.

Prakash

>>> Paul Millar <p.millar at physics.gla.ac.uk> 06/18/07 12:57 PM >>>
Hi,

I've been trying to understand Torque and, in particular, both the
semantics
of the different job states and under what conditions a job will change
state.

Since the docs don't seem to have this information, I've started to draw
up a
state transition diagram.  A low resolution version is available here:
	http://ppewww.physics.gla.ac.uk/~paul/torque-jobs.png

(NB please don't copy this diagram or link to this URL: its
work-in-progress!)

So, feedback, please: what am I missing?  Which bits have I got wrong?

Cheers,

Paul.