[torqueusers] qsub directive for node name

Alan Mosca alan at clusterresources.com
Mon Jun 18 09:14:42 MDT 2007

Andy,

 In that command you are specifying that you want 4 processors from
host02. Is this what you intended to request?
 I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) that you wanted a total of 4
processors. In such case, you should submit the job with a ppn option
for each node, for example '-l nodes=host01:ppn=2+host02:ppn=2' (or any
other combination of processors).
 If you are not interested in controlling how many processors from each
node you use, you could try using a separate "-np 4" option, but I'm not
sure if it would work or not, so maybe someone else on this list could
confirm that.

Regards,

- ---
 Alan Mosca
 EMEA Systems Engineer
 Cluster Resources, Ltd.
 Direct - UK Office:  +44 (0)1223 437 131
 US Headquarters:  +1 801 717 3700
 Skype: nitbix
 www.clusterresources.co.uk