[torqueusers] Job Is Not Starting

Lynn Zhang lyzhang at umich.edu
Fri Jun 15 16:14:08 MDT 2007

Hello,

I just compiled/installed torque/maui on Mac OX tiger, after I did `
qsub myname.bash`,
the output of qstat looks OK, one job is in the queue. the status is Q.

Job id              Name             User            Time Use S Queue
------------------- ---------------- --------------- -------- - -----
5.head              myname.bash      lyzhang            0 Q lsa1

But showq did not show any jobs.

ACTIVE JOBS--------------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC   REMAINING
STARTTIME

      0 Active Jobs       0 of    0 Processors Active (0.00%)

IDLE JOBS----------------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT
QUEUETIME

0 Idle Jobs

BLOCKED JOBS----------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT
QUEUETIME

Total Jobs: 0   Active Jobs: 0   Idle Jobs: 0   Blocked Jobs: 0

I am thinking that I did not connect torque and maui correctly.
In maui.cfg, I do have this,

SERVERHOST			head.testcluster.umich.edu

This is in the server_logs,

06/15/2007 18:02:38;0001;PBS_Server;Svr;PBS_Server;Connection refused
(61) in co
ntact_sched, Could not contact Scheduler - port 15004
I do not think this is a firewall issue, I still got the msg after I
turned the firewall off.

Thanks for any help,
Lynn