[torqueusers] Some questions on elipogue/prologue

Alexander Piavlo lolitushka at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:00:16 MDT 2007

On 6/5/07, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 01:48:44PM +0300, Alexander Piavlo alleged:
> > Hi Garrick,

> > >In both cases epilogue scripts are run.
> >
> > Well, for me, in case (a) none of the epilogue scripts run.
> > My current problem is:
> > at /var/spool/pbs/mom_priv/config i've added:
> > $tmpdir /scratch
> > Then a job is submited a /scratch/${PBS_JOBID} is created. And i have
> > a epilogue &
> > epilogue.precancel scripts to remove this dir, this works ok on job
> > completion or then job canceled.
> > But if a job has a stagein specified with -W and the staging fails the
> > jobs is but in W state
> > to be later resubmited, the /scratch/${PBS_JOBID} is created, but none
> > of the epilogue
> > scripts are run to delete this dir.
>
> Why do you remove it in epilogue?  If pbs_mom created it, it will remove
> it.

 I agree , but the epilogue also cleans other dirs the job might have
created under /scratch but not under /scratch/$jobid , in case no other
user jobs are running on mom.
 But the actual problem that both epilogue is not executed and mom does
not remove /scratch/$jobid directory in case the job fails to stagein
files specified with -W stagein=...
 So is there a workaround for this?

 Thanks
 Alex