[torqueusers] Some questions on elipogue/prologue

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Jun 4 12:00:37 MDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:13:02AM +0300, Alexander Piavlo alleged:
>  Dear all,
>
> I have some questions on elipogue/prolouge execution:
>
> - Which script is executed first prologue.user or prologue if both exist?
>
> - Which script is executed first epilogue.user or epilogue if both exist?

pro/epilogue execute before the .user scripts.

> - Then a job is cancelled the epilogue.precancel is executed, but do the
> epilogue, epilogue.user & epilogue.parallel are also executed and in
> which order?

Yes, all epilogue scripts run.  epilogue.parallel executes on sisters
before epilogue and epilogue.user.

> - Are the scripts epilogue.parallel & prologue.parallel executed an all
> pbs_mom sister nodes or on only defined at /var/spool/pbs/aux/$jobid ?

All sister nodes, which is the same list as /var/spool/pbs/aux/$jobid
(except for the execution node.)

> - Are the epilogue.parallel script executed on sister nodes in parrallel
> with epilogue on mom node?
>
> - Are the prologue.parallel script executed on sister nodes in parrallel
> with prologue on mom node?

Nope.  parallel executes on sisters first.