[torqueusers] Some questions on elipogue/prologue

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Mon Jun 4 10:04:21 MDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 11:08 -0400, David Backeberg wrote:
> Dovetailing on the questions about initializing the shell /
> environment under Torque, I've noticed that despite my prologue and
> epilogue scripts, the scripts in /etc/profile.d don't seem to get
> executed (I'm running bash). I'm specifically interested in having the
> users automatically getting the modules command / environment loaded
> automatically.

The way we've handled this in the past has been to build TORQUE with the
--disable-shell-pipe and --enable-shell-use-argv options to configure.
That causes the job shell to act more or less like a login shell.

AFAIK prologue and epilogue don't share environment settings with the
job's shell.  I'm not sure about prologue.user and epilogue.user, but I
suspect they are the same way.

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/hpc/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701