[torqueusers] Some questions on elipogue/prologue

David Backeberg david.backeberg at case.edu
Mon Jun 4 09:08:47 MDT 2007

Dovetailing on the questions about initializing the shell /
environment under Torque, I've noticed that despite my prologue and
epilogue scripts, the scripts in /etc/profile.d don't seem to get
executed (I'm running bash). I'm specifically interested in having the
users automatically getting the modules command / environment loaded
automatically.

I could put an explicit entry in prologue to load the modules.d
initialization, and that should work, but I wondered if there was a
different way to ensure that the PBS world saw what a typical
interactive user would see. This is above and beyond doing a qsub -V,
which only maintains environmental variables.

Thanks to whomever has more insight about my and Alexander's questions.