[torqueusers] setting job resource limits

Frank Mietke frank.mietke at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jul 30 07:13:54 MDT 2007

Hi,

we are using TORQUE (2.1.8) and Maui (3.2.6p20) on our cluster. This cluster has
3 types of nodes (compute,bigmem and visual). My current aim is to limit the
resource access to "bigmem" nodes. Each job should get only 1 "bigmem" node if
requested at maximum and a certain number of other nodes. Furthermore, if no
node feature is given to qsub it should be restricted to "compute" nodes.

For example:

qsub -l nodes=3+2:bigmem ...  # should fail
qsub -l nodes=3 ...				# should be submitted to "compute" nodes ONLY
qsub -l nodes=3+1:bigmem		# should be successfull with 3 "compute" nodes and
1 "bigmem" node allocated.

I could not find any useful configuration option except the submit_filter of
TORQUE, which is not working for the above examples in version 2.1.8.

How stable are the snapshots of version 2.2.0?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inf. Frank Mietke     |     Fakultätsrechen- und Informationszentrum
Tel.: 0371 - 531 - 35538    |     Fak. für Informatik
Key-ID: 60F59599            |     frank.mietke at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de