[torqueusers] Re: distributed make within torque

Michael Gutteridge mgutteri at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 24 12:09:31 MDT 2007

Actually, it's not building software, rather using "make" logic to sort
out dependencies and work-flow.  A primitive job array?

Anyway, without a drop-in "make" replacement I'm likely going to just
modify the pipeline I was given.  The other option would be running sge
in conjunction with Torque, but that's messier than I'd like it to be.
I was really hoping for a "tmake" to parallel SGE's "qmake".

Thanks to all..

Michael