[torqueusers] inital torque setup - jobs are dieing right away

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Jul 23 15:26:43 MDT 2007

Adams, Samuel D Contr AFRL/HEDR wrote:
> On the clients I typed
>
> # make install_mom install_clients
>
> Is this the nonstandard way to do it?  I didn't compile the packages or
> the configure script on the nodes as they don't have compilers or
> development tools installed.
>
> Sam Adams
> General Dynamics Information Technology
> Phone: 210.536.5945

The "make packages" is specifically for that reason.  Compilers are not
required once the package is created.  You would just install the
package as root with

sh torque-package-mom-linux-x86_64.sh --install
sh torque-package-clients-linux-x86_64.sh --install

run ldconfig (as root) to update the libs and your set.

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE
E-Mail  : jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca