[torqueusers] qsub -I : termcap or window sizes

David Corredor tecnico at nsstc.uah.edu
Fri Jul 20 16:59:21 MDT 2007

torque v.2.1.8
CentOS5 32bit

   I'm trying to use "VIM", "less" and other ncurses based tools under
an interactive job shell but it seems that my local window's properties
are not passed along to the remote node where I'm running interactively.
More in particular, if I resize the my window after launching my job,
the window size (lines & columns) are not updated remotely.

   This only happens when running through "qsub -I" and I've tried "qsub
-V -I" too. And it happens whether I'm remotely connecting on Linux or
Windows (xterm,konsole,gnome console,putty). My /etc/termcap files are
all the same through all nodes. The remote TERM is xterm by default,
I've tried vt100 and screen with no luck.

   Any ideas?

   David