[torqueusers] torque client install script problem

Adams, Samuel D Contr AFRL/HEDR Samuel.Adams at BROOKS.AF.MIL
Wed Jul 18 09:13:52 MDT 2007

I am trying to install torque to my clients, but the
torque-package-clients-linux-x86_64.sh script keeps on dieing.  I am
installing on RHEL5 nodes.

[root at prodnode3 torque-2.1.8]# ./torque-package-clients-linux-x86_64.sh
--install --verbose

Installing TORQUE archive...

tail: cannot open `+157' for reading: No such file or directory

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
setting file user and group ownerships
tail: cannot open `+157' for reading: No such file or directory

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
Done.
[root at prodnode3 torque-2.1.8]#

>From the best I could find by searching the Internet, it seems the
possible problem is that the script is trying to use some kind of
deprecated option for tail hence the "+157" error.  Hopefully someone
else has seen this problem and knows the workaround.

Sam Adams
General Dynamics Information Technology
Phone: 210.536.5945