[torqueusers] Sometimes jobs exit immediately without messages

Hans Meier ma2412ma at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 06:15:30 MDT 2007

I have a strange problem: Most of the time, the users can submit jobs and everything is working perfectly OK. However, from time to time the cluster does not execute the jobs. The user submits a job with "qsub", and it exits so quickly that it doesn't even show up in the list displayed by "qstat". It should be in the queue because "qsub" answers with the number of the job. There are no error files generated.I hope you can help me solve that problem, because this was the reason why I upgraded to the latest version of Torque and thought that this behavior would disappear :-(.Hans