[torqueusers] Cluster with diff perf.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Jul 11 14:18:48 MDT 2007

 Le 11/07/2007  11:38:09-0700, Garrick Staples a écrit
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 10:35:20PM +0200, Albert Shih alleged:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Maybe my question is very stupid.
> >
> > I've a small cluster with differents kind of hardware. Of course with
> > differents perf.
> >
> > How/where in Torque/Maui (maybe it's in maui with opaque variable ?) I can
> > configure this difference between my server ? Is the $cputmult variable I
> > must use ?

Thanks for you answer.

> $cputmult is just used for CPU time accounting.
>
> What did you actually want to change?

Well, suppose I've 1 server with 1 CPU at 3.5Ghz and another with 1 CPU at
1 Ghz. Now I want submit 4 jobs I don't want 2 job on each server, but I
want 3 on the first and 1 on the second. Because I considere 3 job on the
fast server and 1 on the old server can be finish (all of them) more
faster than 2 on each.

Sorry for my english.

Regards.

--