[torqueusers] No contact with server at hostaddr problem (followup)

Carbo, Timothy J. TIMOTHY.J.CARBO at saic.com
Tue Jul 10 13:16:30 MDT 2007

Garrick:

Sorry I wasn't clear

My set up is

Node1 (cree):  running pbs_server, pbs_mom and maui

server_priv/nodes:
cree np=8
Huron np=8

mom_priv/config:
$pbsserver cree

Node2 (huron):  running pbs_mom only

mom_priv/config:
$pbsserver cree

When I submit the following on cree

echo "sleep 30" | qsub

the job appears to be scheduled on huron and runs OK but then I start
seeing the "No contact with server at hostaddr port 15001" error
messages repeated in the mom_logs file on huron and it appears that the
pbs_server never is notified that the job ran to completion.

Hope this clears things up a little.

Regards,
Tim