[torqueusers] No contact with server at hostaddr problem (follow up)

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jul 10 12:28:06 MDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 09:30:09AM -0600, Carbo, Timothy J. alleged:
> Hello all.
>

> I was tracking the following email chain and was wondering if there is
> any resolution to the problem below.  I just installed TORQUE 2.1.8 with
> Maui 3.2.6-p19 on a two node system (both x86-64 bit Xeon quad core
> systems running Red Hat AS 4 update 4) and am having the same exact
> problem when I try to submit a job on my client node (jobs run fine on
> the server node).  Oddly, the remote node is trying to connect to port
> 15001 on the server node but netstat -a indicates there is nothing
> listening at that port.  I am pretty new to Torque so am I missing
> something?

It is a little hard to figure out your setup here with "client",
"server", and "remote" nodes.

If both hosts are to handle compute jobs, then you want pbs_mom running
on both hosts and both hostnames in server_priv/nodes.

University of Southern California