[torqueusers] No contact with server at hostaddr problem (follow up)

Carbo, Timothy J. TIMOTHY.J.CARBO at saic.com
Mon Jul 9 09:30:09 MDT 2007

Hello all.

I was tracking the following email chain and was wondering if there is
any resolution to the problem below.  I just installed TORQUE 2.1.8 with
Maui 3.2.6-p19 on a two node system (both x86-64 bit Xeon quad core
systems running Red Hat AS 4 update 4) and am having the same exact
problem when I try to submit a job on my client node (jobs run fine on
the server node).  Oddly, the remote node is trying to connect to port
15001 on the server node but netstat -a indicates there is nothing
listening at that port.  I am pretty new to Torque so am I missing
something?

This email chain is extracted from the Jan 07 archives:

"I'm assuming the HWaddr (aka MAC) is the hostaddr just because
the hostaddr looks like a HWaddr. I'm not sure if this will help at
all.

I had some problem before with Ganglia (not Torque): it was very
fussy about having the right interface configured for multicast.

The other thing that comes to mind is that the error message you
show mentions port 15001. Maybe you should check to see if
the node in question can talk to the server on that port. (It should
be able to since the other nodes can, I assume.) Log in on the
problem node, and try "telnet server 15001" and hit return once
the connection is made. You should see an error message.

Cheers,
  Dave

On 1/12/07, Curtis Wensley <curtis.wensley at us.cd-adapco.com
> If I do a 'ifconfig -a', I get the HWaddr (MAC address).  Isn't that
> different than the hostaddr?
>
> David Chin wrote:
> > On 1/10/07, Curtis Wensley <curtis.wensley at us.cd-adapco.com
> >> [snip]
> >> I don't understand what the hostaddr ac2800fa is referring to.  I
can
> >> ping host.cluster.com so it is not a network problem.
> >
> > That refers to its MAC address. Do "ifconfig -a" to get a list of
> > all network interfaces on the machine.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Dave
> >

> --
> Curtis Wensley
> System Administrator, CD-adapco, Detroit Office
> curtis.wensley at us.cd-adapco.com
>
>"

*

Tim Carbo