[torqueusers] hanging jobs/communication error with mixed network environments

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Fri Jul 6 03:26:33 MDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 06:33:00PM +0100, Alan Mosca wrote:

>  I'm taking a bit of a blind guess, but probably the hostnames you have
> set up in the "server_priv/nodes" file, are pointing to the public
> interfaces (where available), so maybe fixing that by either changing

You're right. I just said "racl00" or "racl01", and /etc/hosts contained
multiple lines (public and private addresses) for these entries.

I've now dedicated internal names (like racl00-svc, racl01-svc) for the
private addresses, thus fixing the problem.

Thanks for clarification.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver

Die Sicherheit von Netware basiert darauf, daß Leute mit wichtigen oder
interessanten Daten es nicht benutzen. (Felix von Leitner in de.comp.security)