[torqueusers] Error adding a node

Adrian.Franco at sungard.com Adrian.Franco at sungard.com
Tue Jan 30 09:28:19 MST 2007

Hi all,

I have a question. I am brand new to Torque/Moab and I have just started
playing around with them. I have one server and one node in the same
machine working fine. However when I tried to add a new node on another
machine by modifying the /var/spool/torque/server_priv/nodes file, I got
the messages

PBS_Server: process_host_name_part, cannot perform reverse name lookup
for 'EU-LON-WS104' h_errno=1 errno=0 (check name server).
PBS_Server: pbsd_init(setup_nodes), could not create node
"EU-LON-WS104", error = 15602
PBS_Server: PBS_Server, pbsd_init failed

This is in the evaluation Moab 5.0.0 on Torque 2.1.6 running on Linux
CentOS 4.4, if that makes a difference. EU-LON-WS104 is in the same
domain as the server machine and I can ping it with no problems.

Do you know why this is or if not, do you have any ideas what could be
causing it?

Thanks,
Adrian