[torqueusers] OSC mpiexec with torque on Fedora6

Tony Schreiner schreian at bc.edu
Tue Jan 30 11:34:35 MST 2007

I am wanting to upgrade a cluster from Fedora 4 to Fedora 6, but am
hung up on the OSC mpiexec part.

I have torque  2.1.6-1 from the Fedora repo installed.

mpiexec compiles fine, I used
./configure ---with-default-comm=mpich-p4

my script, dompi is basically

/path/to/mpiexec ./app

I submit the dompi script, with
qsub -l nodes=nodeX dompi

on the node I upgraded (node5), I get in the error log
mpiexec: Error: get_hosts: pbs_connect: no error.

and this is because pbs_connect(0) in  get_hosts.c returns -1 for me
on this node, I guess it's supposed to return the number of available
nodes.

It still works on the other ones though.

Some sort  of host resolution error? Everything seems fine to me.

Thanks
Tony Schreiner
Boston College