[torqueusers] how to config 8-core machine

Wim Fournier w.fournier at nedstat.nl
Tue Jan 30 07:29:22 MST 2007

Vadivelan Ranjith wrote:

> On 1/30/07, *Wim Fournier* <w.fournier at nedstat.nl
> <mailto:w.fournier at nedstat.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Vadivelan Ranjith wrote:
>     >
>     > On 1/30/07, *Wim Fournier* <w.fournier at nedstat.nl
>     <mailto:w.fournier at nedstat.nl>
>     > <mailto:w.fournier at nedstat.nl <mailto:w.fournier at nedstat.nl>>>
>     wrote:
>     >
>     >     Hi all,
>     >
>     >     I'm still having problems to get the right number of jobs
>     that run
>     >     concurrently on each machine.
>     >     I just thought, could it be that the default scheduler for
>     torque
>     >     (pbs_sched) doesn't implement this?
>     >
>     >     Just to make things clear, I want torque to not start more
>     jobs than I
>     >     have cores.
>     >
>     >
>     >     Grtz,
>     >
>     >     Wim Fournier
>     >
>     >
>     > Try by Including  JO//BNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTNODE  in maui.cfg . //
>     > Send me the output of
>     > qmgr -c 'p s'
>     > and tell me how you are submitting job
>     >
>     >
>     > Velan
>     I'm currently using torque without maui.
>     I tried installing maui like half an hour ago, but I'm missing the
>     msub
>     binary and submitting with qsub just leaves the jobs queued.
>
>     Wim
>

> Send me the output of qmgr -c 'p s'.
> Velan
$ qmgr -c 'p s'
#
#
#
# Create and define queue batch
#
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch resources_default.walltime = 23:59:59
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Set server attributes.