[torqueusers] Stop Interaction between different queues

Vadivelan Ranjith velan.aero at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 10:03:17 MST 2007

Hi
I'm sorry if it discussed earlier.
I created new queues(long, short and interactive). Each queue having
individual nodes. when I submitted using qsub -q <queue name> <job file>,
jobs are going to individual nodes correctly. But i am facing some
difficulties.
Assume following queues have the particular nodes
queue long = node01, node02
queue short = node03
queue interactive = node04, node05

1. i submitted job interactively and job went to particular node04. i ran
the job interactively using following command
mpirun -machinefile hosts -np 2 ./jobfile.
hosts file having node04 & node05. Jobs are running fine. If i change the
host file to node01 & node02, jobs are running on node01 & node02. But
node01 & node02 are assigned for queue long.
I want to run particular queue to particular nodes. I dont want people to
hack other nodes.

2. I want to define the interactive queue only for interactive mode. I
should not submit job, through interactive mode.
for example qsub -q interactive jobfile, now jobs started running

3.  if i submit job using, qsub -q long -I -l nodes=1:ppn=2, then  jobs
started in interactive mode using queue long.  I want to use  long and short
queue for submitting jobs(non-interactive mode) and interactive queue for
only interactive jobs.

I dont know i did any mistake while configuring torque. I not yet configured
maui except one command.
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY    EXACTNODE
Can anybody help me how to configure queue as i mention above.

Advance Thanks
Velan