[torqueusers] cput statistic not correct for some jobs

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Mon Jan 29 09:08:06 MST 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:38, Martin Schafföner wrote:

> I logged through the concerned moms and noticed that e.g. cput_sum() is
> called regularly, apparently through a poll interval, and when a task is
> finished (from scan_for_terminated()), and it does collect significant cpu
> time. However, qstat only reports minimal cput usage even though the job's
> nodes have constantly been busy.
>
> Can anybody explain this behavior?

Probably not myself, but what version of torque are you running?
There _was_ a cput stats collection  problem found in ~ 2.1.0p0-2.1.3
last year, though:
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2006-October/004522.html

Your issue might well be a different one, though in the same general area...