[torqueusers] linking queues to different nodes

scoggins jscoggins at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 24 11:24:41 MST 2007

Christian,

I have a similar problem.  I have nodes with 2 different purposes.
What I have found is this:

set up the properties in the node file to be distinctly different -
just like you have.

setup the queues to be execution queues with no acl's set - you don't
need them.

setup the queues to be called by the users via qsub -q <queue-name>

  And inside their script have them request -l node=<property tag>
and if machine arch is set to amd and or xeon you can add arch=<amd>
or arch=xeon.

I had struggled with the resources just the other day and found them
to be very frustrating.  The manual is not very clear on how things
work and all of this is too cumbersome.

Thanks

Jackie