[torqueusers] Different queues

Vadivelan Ranjith velan.aero at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 03:01:02 MST 2007

Hi
I want to configure my cluster, before that i'm trying torque. I created
three types of queues. All queues has to depend on walltime. I specify the
queue with particular node.

1. short - walltime is 1hr and goes to node01... node05
2. long - walltime is 2hr and goes to node07-node08
3. interactive - walltime is 10mins and goes to node06

So my question is if i sumbit the job, for example

$qsub -I -l nodes=1:ppn=2:walltime=00:00:09

The job has to go particular node06 as i mention is qmgr.
But actually if i submit the job, it is going to someother node and waiting.

I was is in doubt whether i did correctly or not!!
Can anybody help me, how can i configure my needs.

And finally can anybody tell me about the command resources_max.nodes. Is it
max nodes per job or something else?

I attached the p s file

Regards
Velan

[root at galaxy ~]# qmgr -c 'p s'
#
#
#
# Create and define queue short
#
create queue short
set queue short queue_type = Execution
set queue short acl_host_enable = True
set queue short acl_hosts = node01+node02+node03+node04+node05
set queue short resources_max.nodes = 5
set queue short resources_max.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue short enabled = True
set queue short started = True
#
# Create and define queue interactive
#
create queue interactive
set queue interactive queue_type = Execution
set queue interactive acl_host_enable = True
set queue interactive acl_hosts = node06
set queue interactive resources_max.nodes = 1
set queue interactive resources_max.walltime = 00:10:00
set queue interactive enabled = True
set queue interactive started = True
#
# Create and define queue long
#
create queue long
set queue long queue_type = Execution
set queue long acl_host_enable = True
set queue long acl_hosts = node07+ndoe08
set queue long resources_max.nodes = 2
set queue long resources_max.walltime = 02:00:00
set queue long enabled = True
set queue long started = True
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Route
set queue default route_destinations = short
set queue default route_destinations += long
set queue default route_destinations += interactive
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True
#
# Set server attributes.