[torqueusers] More newbie questions

kamil Marcinkowski kamil at ualberta.ca
Fri Jan 19 13:37:05 MST 2007

Hello David

The torque config I gave you will stop compile from happening
  compute node but not vise versa.
  Here is how we do both in Moab

moab.cfg:
> create QOSs
>
> QOSCFG[qos1]
> QOSCFG[qos2]
>
> Define the classes(queues) to QOS
>
> CLASSCFG[q1]  QDEF=qos1
> CLASSCFG[q2]  QDEF=qos2
>
> Create standing reservations with QOS and hostlist
>
> SRCFG[sres1] ACCESS=DEDICATED
> SRCFG[sres1] QOSLIST=qos1
> SRCFG[sres1] HOSTLIST=master
>
> SRCFG[sres2] ACCESS=DEDICATED
> SRCFG[sres2] QOSLIST=qos2
> SRCFG[sres2] HOSTLIST=n01,n02 ....

cheers,

Kamil

Kamil Marcinkowski                   Westgrid System Administrator
kamil at ualberta.ca                     University of Alberta site
  Tel.780 492-0354                     Research Computing Support
Fax.780 492-1729                     Academic ICT
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA    University of Alberta

"This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which
it is
addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged
information.  Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended
recipient of this communication.  If you are not the intended
recipient of
this communication, do not copy, distribute, or take action on it. Any
communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be
deleted or
destroyed."