[torqueusers] how to config 8-core machine

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Fri Jan 19 11:45:56 MST 2007

What is the output of "pbsnodes -a" show you? It should let you know how many compute nodes TORQUE
believes exist and how many processors are available for launching jobs (np=<x>).

It sounds like TORQUE thinks there are more than 8 processors available, so it starts the 12 jobs.
With two 8-core machines I would personally find this desirable: setting up the head node and the
other computer as two compute nodes would allow you to run 16 processes simultaneously.

--
Joshua Butikofer
Cluster Resources, Inc.

josh at clusterresources.com