[torqueusers] Re: Torque server environment variable

Justin Bronder jsbronder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 11:59:49 MST 2007

On 17/01/07 19:31 +0100, Micha wrote:
> I mean, all kind of information is carried in PBS_something variables
> and torque *knows* about his parts - even about the server(s). So, why
> not put this information nicely into the existing framework of variables
> (PBS_SERVER or similarly)? It is in the 'server_name' file and possibly

If I'm reading this thread correctly, then all you are requesting is an
environment variable that has the name of the machine running pbs_server?

If so, why not just grab it yourself from $PBS_JOBID.

user at node40 ~ $ export server_name=`echo $PBS_JOBID | sed -e
's/[0-9]*\.//'`
user at node40 ~ $ echo $server_name
pbs_server.acrl.clusters.umaine.edu

If you want it done automatically each time, just modify your prologue.

--
Justin Bronder

Advanced Computing Research Lab
University of Maine, Orono